ARTICLE 19 is an international think–do organisation that propels the freedom of expression movement locally and globally to ensure all people realise the power of their voices. For over 35 years, we have worked for a world where all people everywhere can freely express themselves and actively engage in public life without fear of discrimination. We do this by combining research, campaigning, and cutting-edge legal analysis to strengthen people’s right to free expression and access to information.
Our Annual Report presents the highlights of our work internationally under the 5 key themes that we work on:
• promoting media independence;
• increasing access to information;
• protecting journalists;
• expanding civic space; and
• placing human rights at the heart of developing digital spaces.
The report is a testament to the breadth, depth, and diversity of ARTICLE 19’s work worldwide. It shows how, together with our partners, we:
• Think: developing cutting-edge research and legal and policy analysis to drive change worldwide;
• Do: leading work on the frontlines of expression through our 9 regional hubs across the globe; and
• Propel: propel change by sparking innovation in the global freedom of expression movement through our research, campaigns, and advocacy.
Our Annual Report focuses strongly on the impact that ARTICLE 19 makes – from successfully campaigning to free journalists to shaping country constitutions, ensuring the right to information is enshrined in national law, pioneering the integration of human rights with the infrastructure of the internet, and monitoring how 162 countries respect free expression.
Click on links below to download annual reports and accounts.