We are working on stories that illustrate these values – watch this space!
The following core values guide all of ARTICLE 19’s work:
- We hold ourselves to the high standards we set for others.
- We are coherent on matters of law and policy wherever we work in the world.
- We value visibility, objectivity, and the accuracy of our work.
- We know good information can enable powerful action.
- We are clear, open, and honest in our dealings with each other and the outside world.
- Our network of supporters and partners is the lifeblood of our organisation.
- We seek to build productive and inspiring relationships based on the trust our partners, supporters, and donors place in us.
- We respect each other and we listen to each other.
- We actively defend those whose voices are marginalised.
- We say what we mean and we do what we say, speaking with one voice wherever possible.
- We work hard to make sure our learning and reporting is the best it can be.
- We never give up.
- We are tenacious and will find every possible avenue to seek changes in law and practice to secure the freedoms associated with our mission.
- We are proud of our expertise and are always ready to share what we know.
- We seek to explore the boundaries of our field for benefits of the freedoms we protect.