What we do
ARTICLE 19 envisages a world where people are free to:
- speak their opinions
- participate in decision-making
- make informed choices about their lives.
ONCE FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION IS LOST, ALL OTHER FREEDOMS FALL
Freedom of expression and freedom of information are fundamental human rights that are central to freedom and democracy.
People everywhere must be able to exercise their right to freedom of expression and their right to information. Without these rights, democracy, good governance and development cannot happen.
DEFENDING THE RIGHT TO FREEdom of EXPRESSION AND FREEDOM OF INFORMATION
ARTICLE 19 is campaigning with people around the world for the right to exercise these rights.
With offices in Bangladesh, Brazil, Kenya, Mexico, Tunisia, Senegal and the UK, and in collaboration with 90 partners worldwide, we:
- Work on behalf of freedom of expression wherever it is threatened. This work includes monitoring, research, publishing, advocacy, campaigning, setting standards and litigation
- Advise on the development of legislation to protect freedom of expression and freedom of information in countries emerging from conflict, war and genocide.
- Campaign to safeguard pluralism, independence and diversity of views in the media
- Champion freedom of expression, including freedom of information, as a fundamental human right that is central to the protection of other rights
- Advocate for freedom of information legislation to ensure transparency and to strengthen citizens' participation.
Receive immediate or weekly updates on the right to freedom of expressionSubscribe
"no to pornography" and more in this month's artist alert http://t.co/hlka...
Help us support lorem sit ipsum dolor amet
Your donation dummy text about what their money does.Donate